Life can get pretty hectic sometimes and we don’t all have hours to spare in the morning, let alone time to spend dancing around the kitchen making French toast and pancakes stacks. No, during the week we need something quick and simple. Far too many people skip breakfast because they simply don’t have the time. This over night oats recipe will help to make the most important meal of the day a little bit easier, plus you can even take it with you on the go.
The combination of coconut milk soaked cinnamon oats and homemade raspberry chia jam is just heavenly, you’ll be packing in a nourishing yet oh so indulgent breakfast first thing. Full of healthy fats and energy sustaining carbohydrates to keep you going throughout the day, you’ll be able to make your oats the night before and enjoy hot or cold the next morning.
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of coconut milk (almond milk works great too)
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of water (or maple syrup, if you have an extra sweet tooth!)
- Start by placing the oats in a jar with the cinnamon; pour over the coconut milk and leave to sit in the fridge overnight.
- To make the chia jam, combine the raspberries in a small bowl with the chia seeds and water, then mash until smooth and running.
- When you wake up, pour the raspberry jam over your oats and get creative with any other toppings that take your fancy. I love adding a thinly sliced apple for a classic combo, topped with a generous dollop of almond butter and you have yourself the perfect breakfast!