Servings: 1 (350mL)
This refreshing green juice recipe is a simple yet vibrant way to start the day. You’ll need just a handful of ingredients plus a juicer to create this morning tonic. The cooling effect of the cucumber and parsley paired with zesty lemon and the delicate sweetness of apple combine perfectly to create the ultimate go-to recipe for your green juice fix.
Be sure to drink this juice first thing! It really will wake up your system as cucumber is such a strong diuretic. It is also a very hydrating ingredient, so it will give you the much needed goodness your body is craving in the morning.
- 3 medium-sized cucumbers, unpeeled
- a handful of spinach (stalks removed)
- 1 green apple, unpeeled
- a handful of parsley
- 1 lemon (squeezed or juiced, according to taste)
- Always juice the most liquid vegetables first. Start by adding in half your cucumbers, then add your spinach, the rest of your cucumbers, your apple, your parsley and finally your lemon.
- Drink immediately or pour into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
Get More Recipes by Sarah Cadji
Feel revitalised, invigorated and get the goodness your body needs. Reap the health benefits of deliciously healthy juices by using this and the other great recipes found in Pure: Juicing for Life by Sarah Cadji (Quadrille Publishing).
Feature image by Kristin Perers.