Servings: 14-16 blondies
Ready in: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
If you want to indulge in the perfect guilty pleasure, a sweet and decadent treat that’s nowhere near as bad for you as it tastes, then look no further than our simple yet oh-so-satisfying vegan peanut butter chocolate blondies.
While they make an impressive dessert when paired with a scoop of your favourite vanilla vegan icecream, these blondies are also a great grab-and-go treat when cut into small bars. Filling your house with the delicious aroma of peanut butter as they bake, they are sure to be a family favourite – although you might need to set some rules for consumption or they won’t even have time to properly cool, let alone survive the day!
Drawing on that winning combination of chocolate and peanuts, these blondies are packed with chocolaty chunks and crunchy peanuts for a delicious and fudgy treat. Oozing with goodness, they contain just ten ingredients and are simple to put together.
Be sure to use a top-quality, all natural peanut butter when you’re making these blondies. Choose one that lists its ingredients as 100% peanuts, so that you can avoid all the added preservatives, excess salt and refined sugar that inferior peanut butters contain. 100% peanuts also helps to ensure you’re not contributing to the devastating impact the palm oil industry has on the planet. Check out Thrivo’s guide to nut butters for a great peanut butter and top picks for another nut butters – in case you want to mix things up or have an allergy to peanuts.
As much as we’d all love to live off desserts, once your blondies are cooking it’s time to think about your ‘proper’ food. But if you don’t have the time or energy to plan out your meals for the week, then leave it to the experts! The allplants team take all the hassles out of cooking by preparing and packaging plenty of amazing recipes and delivering them right to your home.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour (we used spelt)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cinnamon
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- ½ cup chopped peanuts (optional but recommended)
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 175˙C and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add peanut butter and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add in 1 cup of milk and the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
Note: Depending on the type of peanut butter you’re using, your mixture might require the extra ½ cup milk. What you’re looking for is a thick, mixable batter. If you’re struggling to mix yours, add a couple extra tablespoons of milk (up to ½ cup) until you’re able to easily stir.
- Add the chocolate chunk and peanuts to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your lined baking dish and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the blondies comes out clean (but glossy).
- Let the blondies cool in the baking tray for 15 minutes before cutting into them.
Don’t Have Time to Cook?
We have good news for you!
If shopping, preparing and cooking isn’t something you have the time (or the inclination) for, we’re here to help.
With just a few clicks, you can order delicious plant-based meals from the allplants website.