This vegan friendly black forest parfait is made with wholesome overnight oats and makes a deliciously quick and easy breakfast. Topped with chocolate, it also makes a tasty dessert, too!
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- 1-2 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen cherries
- 1/3 cup of plain soy yoghurt
- Fresh cherries
- A couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate
- Prepare the overnight oats the night before or several hours before you wish to eat. Simply place all of the ingredients into a bowl or jar of your choice, stir well and refrigerate.
- Allow the frozen cherries to thaw for a few minutes before serving. If you are short on time, run a little hot water over them until thawed. Drain off the excess water and put to one side.
- Fill half of your jar with the overnight oats; layer the cherries on top of this followed by the yoghurt. Place the remaining overnight oats on top of the yoghurt.
- Top with fresh cherries and a dark chocolate squares if you wish.
Cook Up a Storm with Stacey
If you love the sound of this black forest parfait, check out Stacey’s other delicious recipes on her blog.