Despite my best intentions to have a nourishing breakfast sometimes that extra ten minutes in bed is just too tempting. This apple, cinnamon and chia bircher is a godsend as it lets you have that extra duvet time and a wonderfully substantial start to your day. Simply combine all the ingredients the night before, place it in the fridge and grab it to go in the morning.
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 apple
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 2/3 cups almond milk
- Firstly grate the apple skin and all.
- Add the grated apple, oats, chia, cinnamon, honey if using and almond milk to a bowl.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning remove from the fridge, you can add any topping you like or eat it as it is for a delicious and quick breakfast!
More from the Goodfood Goddess
This wholesome recipe for apple, cinnamon and chia bircher muesli was created by Aoife Howard, also known as The Goodfood Goddess. A doctor who advocates the healing benefits of eating more plants and less sugar, she creates deliciously healthy recipes and thankfully shares them over on her website and Instagram. For more mouth-watering, gluten and refined sugar free recipes, be sure to pay The Goodfood Goddess a visit.